A baseball player with a vision of 20/7.5 can clearly see an object 20 feet away that normal folks could only see clearly at 7.5 feet away. This fact along with other interesting examples are explored in a video that explains how senses help professional baseball players determine when to swing to hit fast balls.
- Have learners research, if possible, the eyesight of professional baseball players and discuss this role in their ability to hit well
- Video ends at 5:56; the rest is for sponsorship and advertisements
- Content does not hit at specific standards but could be used in unit about the human body
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video includes high-quality diagrams, images, and embedded videos, providing a good variety of mediums to increase engagement
- Other references found in description
- Very engaging content for athletes