Let me share a few tricks of my trade with you so you can hop, pop, and jump your way wherever you please! Watch this savvy young woman model how to perform some essential actions on a wheelchair, like moving up and down from curbs or using an escalator, which can be fundamental to a person's daily routine.
- Review this video in order to better guide or offer support to some of your learners in wheelchairs as they maneuver around school
- As demonstrated in the video, encourage learners to practice these actions in a safe environment (such as a gymnasium with mats) before trying them out in public
- This is part of a series of videos on how to use a wheelchair; a more in-depth description of these movements is provided in follow-up clips
- Quick video that covers key movements
- Positive, upbeat tone
- These are mostly quick demonstrations, rather than step-by-step tutorials