Here is the second part of the video series designed to support individuals in wheelchairs with accessing a variety of public spaces. Mary Allison Cook specifically details how to hop up and down curbs either facing forward or backward, breaking the movements down into steps.
- The first part of this tutorial can easily be accessed using the link in the upper-left corner provided within the first five seconds of the video
- If offering to specific students in your class as a resource, remind them to practice the skills in safe learning environments prior to trying them out in public
- Note that the last two minutes of the video consist of credits and bloopers
- Details everything from wheel alignment to weight displacement
- Demonstrates each movement and motion