This Hrotsvitha, Hildegard, and the Nun who Resurrected Theater: Crash Course Theater #9 video also includes:
The ninth video in the Crash Course Theatre series focuses on how two women brought theater back into the Christian world. Canoness Hrotsvitha, the first female playwright and Hildegard of Bingen, a nun who composed liturgical dramas, are featured in a fast-paced video.
- Pause the video frequently to check for understanding and permit viewers to ask questions
- Include in a history of theatre unit or as part of Women's History Month
- Ninth video in the Crash Course Theatre and Drama series
- The videos are cumulative and should be watched in order
- Most appropriate for high school seniors and college level classes
- The video focuses on two powerful women in the Middle Ages