This In Our Own Words: A Story Book with a Purpose lesson plan also includes:
Academics turn into storytellers in an engaging activity on activism. The activity focuses on promoting social change in local communities with stories. Young historians plan a storybook to target a specific audience and social issue and work in groups to create the text and illustrations. Budding authors also participate in group discussion, use graphic organizers, and have the opportunity to share their work with others.
- Assign learners to read their finished stories to family members as homework
- Arrange for the pupils' stories to be put on display in the school library for others to read
- Final installment of the four-part series titled "Dealing With Dilemmas"
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lesson includes handouts geared toward both elementary and middle school scholars
- The resource uses art and storytelling to reinforce key concepts in the lesson