Generally, there's a good way to find the general form of the integral of a polynomial expression. Pupils view the determination of an indefinite integral of a simple polynomial function. The presenter takes the integral one term at a time and explains the reason behind the solution.
- Provide several examples for pupils to practice
- Lead a discussion on why a constant is included with an indefinite integral
- Assumes knowledge of derivatives
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses the derivative for each term to ensure the correct integration
- Highlights each term so it is clear which term is being integrated