Class members view how to derive the formula to integrate by parts with a video that uses the Product Rule from the beginning of AP Calculus to derive the rule to integrate products. The resource shows the formula in two different forms, one using function notation and the other using differential notation.
- Prior to the video, present a problem consisting of products that would be difficult to integrate
- Work a couple of examples together with the class
- The class should be familiar with the Product Rule for differentiation
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The presenter writes out the important concepts
- Acknowledges the formula looks confusing