The sixth in a series of seven videos on intellectual property focuses on the complex international treaties that attempt to regulate and protect intellectual property. The video explores the arguments for and against strong regulations to protect IP rights. It also details the struggles involved in trying to simplify the complex web of IP treaties.
- Pause the video frequently to permit viewers to ask questions, to update the posted KWL chart, and to add information to their viewing guides
- Show the video in full-screen mode to avoid showing the comment section which is open for public comment
- Have groups investigate the patent protection for a particular invention
- Stress that the rules only apply to countries that have signed the treaty
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The video identifies the agreements in the major IP treaties
- The narrator's rapid pace and esoteric explanations may overwhelm some viewers