Learn how to graph a function that is in pieces. The Mathispower4u Algebra I Video interprets the graph of a piecewise function that represents a cellphone plan. Pupils use the graph to determine the cost for a given number of units along with finding the number of minutes for a given cost. The video continues to show scholars how to graph a piecewise defined function by graphing each portion separately and combining them onto one graph.
- Review the graph notation of intervals
- Requires individuals to understand the definition of piecewise functions
- Assumes the class knows how to read information from a graph
- Uses colors to show the graphs of pieces of the functions
- Shows how to graph a piecewise function by using a graphing calculator