This Introducing the Atom lesson plan also includes:
Young scholars discuss how small they must cut something before it is no longer fundamentally the same. An online activity challenges and engages pupils in learning about the periodic table. Two hands-on activities cover elements and radioactive decay.
- Assign different teams for the element builder and decay activities
- Activities can be large group work, small groups, or individually completed depending on the needs of pupils
- Be aware of any allergies when selecting materials for activities
- Lesson format mirrors scientific process: observation, hypotheses, research or experiment, analysis, and report
- Includes suggested prompts for discussion
- Provides a grading rubric