This Introducing the Performance Task: The Children’s Book lesson plan also includes:
Using a Venn diagram, class members generate similarities and differences between narratives and summaries. Next, pupils co-create an anchor chart to capture their thinking about how an author zooms in on a particular part of a story.
2 Collections 13 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have students practice rewriting summaries as personal narratives
- First lesson from the 12-part Grade 7 ELA Module 3, Unit 3 series
- Requires the picture book Frederick Douglass: The Last Day of Slavery by William Miller
- Offers helpful tips for meeting diverse learners' needs
- Provides teaching notes for easy instruction