This Introducing World without Fish lesson plan also includes:
One fish, two fish, red fish, no fish. Scholars analyze World without Fish to determine the gist, identify vocabulary, and answer text-dependent questions. As learners read, they use sticky notes to annotate the text. They also work in triads to discuss the main idea.
- Ask pupils to write a couple paragraphs about what they think a world without fish would be like before beginning the unit
- First lesson of Grade 6 ELA Module 3B, Unit 1
- Must complete lessons in order
- Uses five sticky notes per pupil
- Offers a close reading guide of the text for teacher reference
- Gives suggestions for scaffolding to meet all learners' needs