The average human body loses 40–100 strands of hair in one day. This is the first video in a series of 47 and introduces scholars to anatomy and physiology, the study of the human body, and how it works. The narrator shares the history of how scientists came to learn about the body, and then moves into the hierarchy of the body. It finishes with an introduction to extensive directional vocabulary.
- Post a picture of a skeleton on a wall along with all of the vocabulary from the video for learners to reference
- Play a game, like the quiz in the video, where the teacher lists a location in the body, using the vocabulary from the video, and have pupils determine the location
- The narrator speaks very quickly; have closed captioning on to help viewers follow along
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- You can view closed captioning in English, Arabic, Dutch, and Chinese
- There is a table of contents, so teachers can click on specific portions of the video to view again