This Investigating Linear Equations lesson plan also includes:
Comparing lines to determine the effects of parameters. The activity instructs pupils to use a graphing calculator to graph groups of linear equations before comparing them. When graphing the linear equations, pupils determine the effects slope and y-intercepts have on a line.
- Use as an introduction to linear equations
- Pupils should be familiar with graphing on a graphing calculator
- Learners can use any type of graphing calculator
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Pupils graph using technology and by hand, learning both essential skills
- Includes questions to ask the class as they are working through the activity