A few tiny western pine beetles bring down giant ponderosa pine trees every year. Learn about the battle between the pines and beetles and how each attempts to control the other. A 4-D video of the process comprises part of a larger series exploring biology.
- Discuss why a standing dead tree poses less of a fire hazard than a dead tree that has fallen
- Highlight the differences between sap and resin
- Content ends at 3:53 with the remainder of the video containing an advertisement
- Links to many great resources about beetles, pine trees, and invasive species
- Offers closed captioning for English learners