This John Brown’s Legacy lesson plan also includes:
So who exactly was John Brown? John Brown fought for abolition during the Civil War. Scholars learn all about his legacy through the variety of activities in the sixth of 15 lessons, including viewing and analyzing primary source material, completing a follow-up research activity, and participating in a class discussion.
- Flip your class by asking learners to answer the class discussion questions as homework
- Differentiate for English learners by highlighting the title of each resource that matches the graphic organizer, so they can easily match which resource they need to write about
- Takes some prep work to make print copies and then distribute handouts to the class
- Fosters an ability to connect resources with their historical contexts
- Teaches the purpose of studying primary sources