This Keeper of the Castle activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Set up four Hula Hoops in each corner of the gym that will be used as a base for each team. Use the center circle of the gym as the "castle" with a bunch of "treasure" in it. The treasure consists of a variety of pieces of equipment. Choose one or two players to be the "keepers of the castle," and divvy the rest of the class into four equal teams. The object of the game is for each team to steal treasure from the castle without getting tagged by the keepers. If they successfully steal a treasure, then they add it to their Hula Hoop. If they get tagged while stealing, they have to put the treasure back in the castle and touch home base before entering the play again. Play as long as you want.
- Play around Halloween and call it "Ghost of the Castle"
- Switch out the keepers
- Game requires four Hula Hoops and a variety of other equipment
- Use a variety of small equipment such as cones, bean bags, pinnies, balls, frisbees, etc.
- Players can only take one treasure at a time
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Promotes team work
- A fun game that involves strategy