This Keepers of the Gate Journal and Brainstorm activity & project also includes:
The second segment of a seven-part series reviews the challenge of determining whether gargling with salt water helps a sore throat. Individuals journal what they know about the challenge and what they are trying to figure out to determine its effectiveness.
- Conduct a brainstorming activity where the class provides other home remedies they have heard
- Have groups develop a plan of attack instead of having the class use the same approach
- Incorporate the activity along with the introduction of the unit
- The journal worksheet comes as docx file, allowing pupils to fill it out on their computers
- The resource makes the connection of the process the class uses to engineers