Did you know that there are over 100 types of knots? Learn how to tie them all with this step-by-step, colorfully illustrated guide!
- More than 100 knots arranged by category or listed by name
- For each knot, find a description of how it is used and color photographs of each step in the tying process
- Arrows are drawn on some photographs directing where to next place the leading end
- Knots that you want quick access to can be saved in the Favorites tab by pressing the star icon in the upper right corner
- Not so obvious is a pen and paper icon in the upper left corner of the rope photo, which gives user the opportunity to write notes and tack them on the wall beside the tying guide
How techie do I need to be?
Use this app with your outdoor education, scouts, or sailing students. They can refer to it while practicing specific knots, or even use it as a study guide if you will be assessing their knowledge of when to use particular types of knots.
There is a cost of $2.99 for this high-definition version of Knot Guide. The developer also has a $1.99 version that is not HD, as well as a free knot tying app. You may want to first download Knot Guide (Free Knots) at no cost to see if it will meet your classroom needs.
- High-quality photographs
- Directional arrows to guide the next move
- Simple navigation and organization making it easy to use
- A cost of $2.99