This Logic and Argument: Evaluating the Argument in “Beyond the Brain” lesson plan also includes:
The brain is not the mind. Scholars explore the claim by reading an informational article about neuroscience research, "Beyond the Brain." As they read, they answer text-dependent questions and complete an anchor chart to evaluate arguments presented in the text.
- Pre-teach potentially challenging vocabulary from the article, such as neurons and amygdala
- Lesson two from the 19-part Grade 7 ELA Module 4A, Unit 2 series
- The lesson centers around a text that briefly references sexual arousal and may not be appropriate for all learners
- Provides several tips for differentiating instruction
- Includes a model anchor chart for teacher reference