Make sure your unit on trait variation causes a sensation! Take an in-depth look at standard LS3B, an important component of the Next Generation Science Standards. The narrator discusses methods of delivering the standard to younger learners, as well as the more complex requirements found in the upper grades.
- Take a cue from the narrator and use your class' families as a starting point for the discussion of traits
- Collaborate with other life science teachers in your school about how to teach the standard and use the video as a group planning tool
- Omit complex genetic factors if you haven't covered meiosis yet
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video contains multiple strategies for implementing the standard throughout all grade levels
- Narrator helps show how this standard is related to concepts that are typically in ecology units, such as adaptation and environmental factors