This Mass-Producing Ice Cream with Food Engineering: Crash Course Engineering #39 video also includes:
Learning about ice cream is a real treat. The 39th installment of the Crash Course Engineering playlist looks at the production of ice cream. From using centrifuges to make cream and mixing the ingredients to pasteurizing the finished product, engineering plays an important role in food processing.
- Divide the class and have each group research processing methods for different foods
- If possible, take a field trip to a food processing plant
- Requires knowledge of various concepts from previous videos in the series
- Provides a list of resources for additional information
- Explanations are easy to follow