This Measuring Distances: Lesson video also includes:
Let's rule the coordinate plane. By reviewing the marking on rulers, the video discusses how to determine the measurement between two points. The resource, a portion of a basic geometry playlist, determines the length of a side of a triangle to introduce the Ruler Postulate.
- Lead a discussion on why it might not be best to measure for the end of a ruler
- The class should know how to find the absolute value of differences
- Individuals should recognize decimal equivalents of fractions
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a link to more resources that explain how to measure distances
- Provides examples with descriptions