This Measuring Obesity interactive also includes:
Studies show that obesity is now a global problem. But how are researchers measuring obesity? Young scientists investigate the myriad of methods for measuring body fat through a presentation. From hands-on to high-tech, viewers learn about and discuss each technique.
- Add the slideshow to a public health or anatomy lesson to focus on different body types
- Have the class calculate their own body mass indices before beginning the presentation
- Does not require any prior knowledge to benefit from the resource
- The presentation contains great questions to spark discussions about the world obesity problem
- An included teacher's guide helps you prepare for the lesson