This Media Skills: Crash Course Media Literacy #11 video also includes:
Did you realize that Internet access is a basic human right? For those of us fortunate to have online access, it's essential to have media smarts! Discover the five skills to be media savvy during an engaging video. The host discusses each skill and provides examples of how to incorporate them into everyday Internet use.
- As an engaging opener, have students read a current events article online and ask them to describe how they know it's factual and trustworthy
- Add the video to a journalism or bias lesson
- The resource is 11th in a series of videos to promote media literacy
- The comparison of using the Internet with learning to drive is funny and relevant to pupils
- Visual cues help viewers follow the components of each rule and take notes