This Mental Models workbook also includes:
Behaviors are often based on assumptions. That's the big idea in the third lesson of a series of critical think resources. Through a series of worksheets, learners examine the conscious and heretofore unconscious assumptions that influence their behaviors. To prevent behaviors being led by biased beliefs, class members are urged to actively search for information that contradicts their assumptions before making decisions.
- Rather than making color copies of the many worksheets, project the Powerpoint slides and have viewers respond in their journals
- More scaffolding may be needed for some learners to understand the differences between assumptions and mental models
- The third lesson in a series of decision making resources
- The seventh resource in the series provides the Powerpoint slides for this lesson
- The Teacher Reference includes answer keys, teaching tips, and the text for the Powerpoint materials
- The worksheets asks learners to provide examples from their own experience