This Mid-Unit 3 Assessment: Drafting the Position Paper lesson plan also includes:
Organize your thoughts! Scholars work on the drafts of their position papers about sustainable water management. The draft serves as their mid-unit assessment. Before beginning, the class discusses the prompt and then learners work independently typing their drafts on a computer.
- Allow learners to talk about their papers with peers for five minutes before beginning to write
- Lesson 5 of 10 in Grade 7 ELA Module 4B, Unit 3
- Must complete lessons in order
- Suggests using computers, but they are not required
- Includes rubric for writing
- Offers suggestions for classes without computers