This Mid-Unit Assessment: Evaluating a Novel Versus a Script lesson plan also includes:
How are novels and scripts alike and different? As part of the mid-unit assessment, scholars complete a Venn diagram to compare two types of writing: a novel and a script. Next, they respond to short-answer questions, evaluating passages from the novel Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan and a readers theater script based on the same text.
- Review the Universal Declaration of Human Rights prior to the assessment
- Lesson four from the consecutive 12-part Grade 5 ELA Module 1, Unit 3 series
- Make student notes and anchor charts from previous lessons available for the mid-unit assessment
- Offers strategies for meeting learners' needs
- Includes sample responses for teacher reference