This Miss Nelson vs. Miss Swamp? lesson plan also includes:
- Venn Diagram Template
- Venn Diagram: My Partner and I Are Different
- Five Amazing Facts About...
- Miss Nelson Is Missing/Miss Nelson Is Back- Lesson 4
- Elementary Fiction Resources
- Characterization Resources
- Compare and Contrast Resources
- Miss Nelson is Missing Resources
- Join to access all included materials
That substitute teacher looks awfully familiar! Clear up any cases of mistaken identity with a lesson that compares Miss Nelson to her similar-looking (but differently behaving) counterpart, Miss Swamp, in Miss Nelson is Missing. Learners compare and contrast the character traits of each of Miss Nelson's identities before discussing their findings.
- Bring the same activity to additional grade-level books about characters who seem very different but are actually quite similar
- Project the Venn diagram onto the board for class members to fill out together
- Requires a copy of Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard and James Marshall
- Incorporates a popular and enjoyable book
- Differentiation options make skills accessible for all learners