This Modern-Day Heroes: People Who Are Making a Difference lesson plan also includes:
Not all superheroes wear capes. An engaging lesson delves into the world of modern-day heroes and activists for change. Academics learn there are many different ways to be a hero as well as explore what makes a person a hero. The resource provides the profiles of several different modern heroes and gives scholars the opportunity to discuss their actions and impact. Historians also complete a hands-on-activity focusing on a hero of their choice.
- Arrange for a local hero to speak to the class about ways they can positively impact the community
- Research ways for students to give back to the local community, such as hosting a school food drive
- Part two of the four-installment "Dealing With Dilemmas" series
- Includes handouts for both elementary and middle school pupils
- Contains an extension activity to enhance learning