This Nature: Friend and Foe: English Language Development Lessons (Theme 6) unit also includes:
If readers don't understand key portions of a text, it may seem more like a foe than a friend. The second resource in a series of three ESL lessons designed to accompany the texts in Nature: Friend or Foe makes the texts easier to understand. Strategies range from asking questions to breaking down key words in the text.
- Create small groups based on language development levels and work with each group individually
- Make a video with motions and images to help reinforce ideas mentioned in the texts
- Print out questions for readers to answer as they read the text independently
- Offers suggestions for multiple levels of language learners from beginning/pre-production through intermediate/advanced
- Includes step-by-step instructions, including telling teachers what to say/ask
- Requires access to textbook, practice workbook, and supplementary audio CDs and CD-roms