Seventy-five percent of ocean species create their own light. Bioluminescence stars in an enlightening biology video that takes a look at some cool species. From fireflies to deep sea creatures, the video explores the process, usefulness, and evolution of biological light.
- List other species that have bioluminescence
- Connect the lesson to the different chemicals in nature that produce the different colors
- Content lasts only 4:25, and the rest of the video is advertising; plan for the shorter time in your lesson plan
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights new vocabulary throughout
- Includes subtitles for ease of note taking
- Requires very little class time