This Networking lesson plan also includes:
"It's not what you know, it's who you know." Learners discuss and analyze this age-old adage by completing life skills worksheets, collaborative activities, and discussions regarding the nature of networking and how it may improve future career prospects.
- Relate networking to students' experiences in school by discussing times in which it really helped to know someone in a particular organization or position
- To support ELLs and encourage language acquisition, post topic-appropriate sentence frames that learners can use throughout the activities or during the role-play
- As an extension activity, consider the ways in which social media has elevated the level of social networking
- All worksheets and answer keys included
- Includes hands-on, collaborative activities