This On My Own Two Feet School Handbook professional document also includes:
The "On My Own Two Feet" School Handbook describes a carefully scaffolded, richly detailed substance abuse program designed for middle and high schools. Chapters look at approaches to prevention, suggestions for organizing and implementing the program, and recommended teaching methods.
- Use the 109-page handbook as the basis of a district-wide drug abuse prevention program
- Create a list of counseling and support services available in your community
- One of seven educational resource handbooks for use in Substance Abuse education
- Although designed as a school-wide program, instructors may also adopt the strategies independently
- Includes strategies for how to deal with typical problem behaviors of pupils
- Offers suggestions for establishing ground rules for participating behaviors