Yosemite National Park: Preserving nature's beauty for future generations. An engaging resource provides a series of video clips that shows the importance of creating national parks and the role of the government and US Forest Service. Pupils also see the part activists played in the creation of the park and how Yosemite is funded.
- Pair the video clips with an in-depth lesson on the creation of the National Parks System
- Provide learners with background information on John Muir and Yosemite National Park
- Users must have a free C-SPAN Classroom account to access the resource, or use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource shows information on Yosemite National Park from several different viewpoints
- Video clips highlight the role of activists in preserving Yosemite