This Online Safety: Grades 3-5 lesson plan also includes:
In two lessons all about online safety, scholars assist Nina in making smart decisions. First, they finish a speech started by the computer to detail why Nina's internet activity isn't safe and what she should do instead. Second, learners examine a handout and discuss their findings with a peer then the class.
- Conduct the lesson at the start of the school to set the rules for online safety in your classroom
- At Open House or during conferences, discuss with parents and guardians the importance of online safety, give them a copy of the lesson's handouts, and encourage them to speak with their learners about it
- If completed, display posters near classroom devices
- The lesson requires copies
- Includes a quiz and its answer key
- One of the two extension activities is a creative project