This Oral Interviews activity & project also includes:
Show class members how personal history can be using an oral interview project. Even the youngest learners engage with history using a resource to create and execute interviews with members of their community. The activity walks a class through generating topics and questions, as well as structuring the interview. Afterward, children share what they learned.
- Create an opportunity for pupils to interview members of the school community to compile an oral history of your school
- Use project to build speaking and listening skills
- Project may require class members to interview people off campus, so check school and district policies
- Resource includes all necessary materials to use the project
- Project is easily adaptable to a variety of subjects in the lower grades