This Origins and Transmission of COVID-19 presentation also includes:
Social distancing, masks, stay-at-home orders. Words all too familiar during the COVID-19 pandemic of 2019-2020. A seven-slide presentation introduces viewers to information about the virus, how it spreads, and current efforts to limit the spread. A great way to begin a conversation about the pandemic.
- Have groups research current statistics using the Coronavirus Resource Center's dashboard at John Hopkins
- In addition, have groups track the development of and efficacy of vaccines
- The data in the slides are dated; however, the resource does detail the characteristics of COVID-19 and strategies that can help mitigate the spread of the disease
- The first in a four-lesson series
- Includes discussion questions
- Asks scholars to evaluate the reliability of their new sources