This Outbreak: Infection Detection lesson plan also includes:
Explore the mathematics of infection outbreaks with activities that ask learners to use coordinate grids to locate infected patients. They calculate amounts of ingredients for antidotes and determine which groups of people should be given vaccines.
- Team up with a computer teacher for the activities
- Resource provides alignments to U.K. curriculum; U.S. teachers will need to research local and state standards
- It is helpful if pupils have previous experience with Excel or other spreadsheet program
- Includes three different options for each activity
- Resource has computer programs and spreadsheets that can be opened directly on a computer
- Modifications may be necessary if using in U.S. classrooms