This Package Those Foods! activity & project also includes:
Designing the right package — it's more than a pretty picture. Challenge small groups to design a food package. They must consider the type of food they are packaging and the package's ability to control the physical and chemical changes of the food. The groups then present their package design to the class.
- Provide a lesson on food packaging prior to the activity
- Introduce the activity a couple days before doing the activity to allow time for pupils to bring in materials
- The class should be familiar with the physical and chemical changes that different foods undergo
- Provides a table of materials along with their pros and cons
- The activity includes a rubric in order to score the final packages
- Groups may just rely on the type of package the food already uses