This Patent Analysis: Wright Brothers' Flying Machine interactive also includes:
Ideas take flight in an exciting activity exploring the Wright Brothers. Scholars view the Wright Brothers' patent for their flying machine and makes educated guesses as to the purpose of the document. Scholars discuss the purpose of patents and how they protect inventors. The activity also includes a short worksheet and a brainstorming session.
- Compare the Wright Brothers' airplane to other models being created at that time
- Create a visual board representing how airplanes have changed over time
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity is perfect for remote learning
- Easy to use in conjunction with a unit on the Industrial Revolution, transportation, or innovation