This Patterns in Scatter Plots lesson plan also includes:
Class members investigate relationships between two variables in the seventh installment of a 16-part module that teaches scholars how to find and describe patterns in scatter plots. Young mathematicians consider linear/nonlinear relationships, positive/negative relationships, clusters, and outliers.
- Have learners create a graphic organizer summarizing different relationships
- Lesson builds on knowledge from previous lessons
- Individuals should understand the difference between linear and nonlinear
- Professional-looking scatter plots
- Includes questions to use during class discussions