This Paying for College: Understanding Financial Aid Options lesson plan also includes:
With many options to pay for college, middle schoolers learn about each possibility and that continuing their education is worth the investment. They discover the difference between a grant and a loan and that some expensive colleges may offer substantial financial aid to offset the cost to their families.
- Use in high school classes to get prompt them to start thinking about college
- Chart paper, markers, and class handouts are required for the activity
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Promotes dialogue of college options with young teenagers
- The 11-page packet provides a detailed lesson that includes discussion prompts and teacher guidance