Discover the distance all the way around. The video introduces the concept of the perimeter of a figure. An explanation shows how to find the perimeter of a variety of polygons along with regular polygons. The presentation highlights the importance of using units when determining a perimeter.
- Ask classmates to create polygons with given number of sides and perimeter
- Lead a discussion on why it is important to use units
- The class should be comfortable with finding sums of multiple numbers
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses animations to keep track of sums
- Points out shortcuts that work for regular polygons