This Person to Person: Extra Support Lessons (Theme 4) unit also includes:
Authors use many strategies when writing stories. A series of extra support lessons breaks down those strategies, as well as key grammatical and phonics-based concepts to support struggling learners. The last of three lessons offers step-by-step instructions to help with easy implementation in the classroom or as part of intervention groups.
- Provide individual whiteboards to have learners write words and break them up into vowels and consonants
- Create kind sentences and scenarios about individual students to use as examples in the activities
- Laminating C and V cards allows you to use them with multiple lessons
- Uses examples from stories to reinforce grammatical concepts
- Incorporates critical thinking skills through problem solving activities
- Requires access to CD-ROM or audio CD to complete some of the activities as written