This Persuasive Letters activity & project also includes:
Sharpen persuasive writing skills while trying to solve a community problem. Learners choose a burning topic and then write letters to persuade others to come around to their views. The provided procedures walk through how to guide the class, while rubrics and checklists set the pace and standards for the project.
- Select a central text to inform learners for their letter-writing campaign
- Use the procedures outline in the resource to guide pupils through a letter-writing process
- Resource does not include a central text, so teachers need to tweak the plan based on the topic selected
- Resource includes assessment and checklist tools to make use simple
- Lesson is easily adaptable
- Activity is vague and teacher must craft a topic suitable for classroom discussion and writing