This Physical and Chemical Properties of Water lesson plan also includes:
How can you effectively provide detailed concepts of water properties to your high school class in a way they find exciting and challenging at the same time? By letting them play, of course! Through a variety of experiments, pupils investigate physical and chemical properties of water as they examine surface tension, heating and cooling rates, and capillary action.
- Have learners write a short story about a fictional family, living on another planet, without access to water; include specific details about how the family is affected due to the lack of water resources around them
- Instruct pupils to create a presentation that classifies the key concepts of water and its unique physical/chemical properties
- Prepare water samples ahead of time
- Allows for the ability to perform experiments simultaneously or split them for multiple tests
- Uses common chemicals that require little cleanup and are not toxic