This Pilgrim and Wampanoag Daily Life for Grades 6–8 lesson plan also includes:
Two slide shows, viewed side-by-side, permit middle schoolers to compare and contrast the lives of the Pilgrims of the Plimoth colony and the Wampanoags. Four videos take learners on virtual field trips to the Plymouth plantation. And an interactive timeline lets young historians tour the Mayflower and follow its journey to the New World. The activities packet provide a whole new way to look at the First Thanksgiving.
- Divide the class into five groups, ask two groups to create replicas of a Wampanoag village and the Plimoth colony communities while the other three craft presentations about Samoset, Tisquantum, and Massasoit
- Requires considerable prep time to gather materials and copy readings
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes teaching guides for PreK-K, grades 3-5, and grades 6-8
- A grading rubric is also included