Do the words politician and moral go together? Machiavelli argues that an effective politician does not always act moral. Learners take an in-depth look at his theories about leaders by watching a video about government. To keep your historians engaged, it includes relevant examples from history and current events.
- Break the class into small groups and conduct a debate about morality in government
- Assign readings of Machiavelli's works to familiarize your students with his work
- While not graphic, the video does cover some topics relating to violence
- The narrator uses intriguing language and keeps the concepts interesting for pupils
- Includes primary sources as visuals to help scholars understand their importance
- A variety of examples aid the learning process