This Preparation for Transitions and Change— Guidance and Career Education lesson plan also includes:
Every hopeful in your class has gone through some kind of life change, from parents' divorce to a death in the family to moving up into another grade. Encourage them to discuss these changes, the skills they used and acquired during these times of transition, and the ways these skills can help them in their future careers.
- Use in a teen issues class or while discussing career readiness
- Apply the skills discussed in the lesson to a character's life in a novel or short story
- Have pupils turn their brainstorm into a narrative essay, describing their transitional time and applying their experience to a future career, or another transitional time they have gone through
- Lesson calls for four long class periods, however, tailor the time on each part of the lesson based on your curriculum and class needs
- Comes with all necessary worksheets and materials for the lesson
- Prompts laerners to think about their past experiences as ways to inform their future successes